WORLD MUSIC WEEK – June 20 to 24, 2015
Our 5 Day Camps are the perfect way to sample life at SAM. This world music week, study with our world-class international faculty & our highly acclaimed Indian artists to rejuvenate your playing and take home new ideas, knowledge and inspiration. Read on for more information or click here to apply.
The 5 Day Camp will be held at the SAM campus. Not sure how to get here? Click here
Voice – Magos Herrera (MEX)
Guitar – Fabio Gouvea (BRZ)
Drums – Alex Kautz (BRZ)
Hindustani Voice – Ujjayinee Roy (India)
Carnatic – Dr.S.Karthick (India)
Audio Engineering & Music Production – Ed DeGenaro (Germany)
Students are placed in different labs according to their proficiency on the instrument. Topics covered could range from simple scales to modern improvisation, rhythms, techniques and more.
Certain core subjects are studied by all musicians at SAM such as harmony, ear training and music notation. Camp students will get a sampling of these classes.
Each member of our faculty specialises in certain areas. Masterclasses are a way of introducing camp students to those topics. Check back on this page for updates on these topics.
Musicians are put into bands or ensembles, each one directed by a faculty member. This is one of the most important practical classes, where you get to learn how to play with other musicians, and put your theoretical knowledge into practice. The camp ends with an ensemble recital at the end of the five days.
5 DAY CAMP – INR 20,000 per attendee.
Your fee includes the following
- all your classes and study material
- all your meals
- comfortable accommodation in our serviced apartments
- free wifi across the campus and residence
- use of the SAM campus from 7am to 11pm
LIMITED ONE DAY PASS: (For 21st June only)
INR Rs.5,000 for the one day pass.
- A day filled with masterclasses, Q&A sessions, networking and instrument based lessons with the incredible Ehsaan Noorani, Prakash Sontakke , Bob Jordon and the SAM Summer faculty
- An evening of performances by artists, faculty, alumni & students
- Food & refreshments will be served and accommodation for the night can be arranged on request.