Summer Intensive Program
Spend your summer at SAM with international musicians and educators who will nurture your musicianship and improve your instrument performance techniques and abilities.
The Summer Intensive is a two-week program that will enable you to build on your prior acquired musical knowledge. The focus will be on expanding your knowledge of contemporary harmony, transcription, & composition/arranging along with developing your reading and technique abilities in private lessons across the two-week period.
If you already have an understanding of the fundamentals of music, aware of the knowledge of contemporary harmony and can read music at a good pace then the Summer Intensive is designed to elevate your musicianship to a higher level with our experienced musicians who will mentor and guide you.
Learn with some of the best musicians and mentors in the world who will share from their rich experience and nurture you in becoming a successful musician.
• Improve your instrument specific technique & ability
• Expand your musical knowledge and skills
• Shape your performance abilities
Duration & Dates
2 weeks intensive, full-time residential program
• Registration & Enrolment (on-campus): May 11 & 12, 2017
• Orientation (on-campus): May 12, 2017
• Classes start date: May 15, 2017
• Classes end date: May 26, 2017
Entry Requirements & Admission
• A minimum of XII pass (CBSE, ISC, or any other recognized English medium school).
• Applicants who completed Grade 5 & above in theory & practical exams (Trinity, ABRSM,
• SAM graduates who want to polish their skills and knowledge with the summer faculty.
• Demonstrate the ability to play your principal instrument (assessed through video & online media submissions)
at an intermediate to advanced level.
• Assessment of general level of musicianship in interview (on-campus or online)
• A live audition might be conducted on campus if student is based in the city of Chennai.
The Office of Admissions reserves the right to admit students in the program.
• Demonstrates excellent abilities on principal instrument but no formal training in music
• Passionate about music as a professional career choice.
Admission in this category is dependent on the interview stages and the decision of the Admissions Board is final.
This is a non-credited program. Faculty will give feedback on your learning and you will receive a certificate of completion from SAM.
The intensive 2-week program will focus on contemporary Western music theory and performance. You can also attend the Carnatic sessions offered in the term.
Below are the modules that you will be assigned for
• Contemporary Harmony Advanced (4 sessions)
• Composition & Arranging (2 sessions)
• Transcription (4 sessions)
• Reading/Technique labs (6 sessions)
• 5 Private Lessons (voice, guitar, piano, bass, drums, mridangam & Carnatic voice)